A couple weeks ago I went to San Diego for work and I quickly fell in love with it! I had been there before but really hadn’t ventured out of downtown. San Diego is so beautiful! I would legitimately move right now if it wasn’t so expensive ;) I put together 9 must-sees if you’re ever down there! It’s definitely the perfect stop for a relaxing and fun weekend.
1. Gaslamp Quarter- First up is the Gaslamp Quarter, this is a great place for going out to eat, night life. It’s such a vibrant and fun part of downtown. You have so many options to choose from! I only had breakfast here but omg it was good! It was at Breakfast Republic, and I loved it so make sure to check that out!
2. Pacific Beach- This is really great place to go to for so many reasons, lots to do and a great place to relax on the beach, rent a bike and take a bike around. And tons of great places to eat! My friend from college who lives there recommended The Fish Shop and it was so good! So that’s definitely a must while you are over in that area!
3. Balboa Park- Head on over to Balboa Park, where you will find a massive 1200-acre urban cultural park situated in the middle of the city. You can explore the open space areas, gardens, and the several museums! The park features beautiful architecture and it’s definitely worth checking out!
4. Little Italy- This is a fun place to get some yummy food and also is a great stop!
5. San Diego Zoo- I think everyone needs to go here at least once. It’s really an amazing zoo and there’s so much to see!
6. La Jolla- I LOVED this area! You absolutely have to go to La Jolla Coves, I didn’t know I would love this area so much! We probably were there for at least four hours. You can see sea lions and seals up close and it’s so fun, and the views are incredible!
7. Old Town- This was one of my favorite little areas that I went to. Old Town is the historic centre of the city, there is so much cultural influence here and it’s the perfect place to experience a little taste of Mexico. You can wander the streets and explore the historical sites such as, the Church of the Immaculate Conception, the Alvardo House and the Whaley House. There are also lots of fun little souvenir shops! But most importantly make sure to get some very yummy Mexican food while you are there!
8. Sunset Cliffs- I thought this was a beautiful place to relax and see the sunset! Make sure to stop by a little early before sunset because parking could be hard to find. It’s so beautiful here and you’re sure to get some amazing photos and views!